Monday, February 7, 2011

Football, Pizza, and Granola! Can you say random!?

I am no football fan (sorry?) but I did catch this year's Superbowl with my parents, and it was surprisingly a fun time! Being the first night as an "only child" since my sister and niece just moved to their new house in town, it was a little strange but I am admittedly happy to have my parents to myself.

While watching the bowl I made some mini vegan pizzas which consisted of thin bread, marinara sauce, roasted brussel sprouts, black olives, onion, and my favorite pineapple. They were pretty tasty--woulda been way better with Daiya cheese but I worked with what I could scavenge. My steak-eating dad even enjoyed one saying "loads of flavor" and "interesting"...which I don't know if that's THE best compliment but he ate it so that says a lot for my history of cooking.

When Glee, you know the singing show, came on I found an interesting recipe for granola on Oh She Glows.com(my new obsession) and dove into making it- turned out way better than I expected! I didn't have every little ingredient but the final product was just fine for me. My granola consisted of dried figs, raisins, cashews, and peanuts. With hot soy milk I was pretty much
on  cloud vegan!



My new favorite granola recipe!









So what about you guys? Do you enjoy the Superbowl when it rolls around?

















No comments: